Induction Bolt Heating
After years of research and development, Xtreme Bolting Services, Inc., introduced the patent pending Xtreme Bolting Machine (XBM) at the Power-Gen show in November 2006.The XBM has several advantages over the Induction Heating method that has been the industry standard for bolt removal during an outage. Our system is light weight, economical to use, simple to operate and robust in construction. Size and weight are just two small advantages of the system, but when one considers that a single, 85 lb machine can remove 6 bolts at a time, the money saved on reduced outage time quickly becomes the biggest advantage of all. The Xtreme Bolting Machine and the services from Xtreme Bolting Services offered in conjunction with TTI has continued to gain popularity since its introduction.
- Capable of heating six (6) bolts at one time anywhere within fifty (50) feet of the machine location.
- Remove or tighten within one shift
- Shell removal in 1/3 the time it takes for induction removal, thus reducing outage time by days.
- Can save Millions of dollars in down time
- Can pull studs on stop valves and the turbine shell at the same time.
- No water required.
- No special wiring required.
- Utilize the 480V/60 amp service right on the turbine deck.
- Lightweight machine needs no crane or forklift to move.
- Options available for basic heat treating applications such as PWHT and Pre-heating.